Welcome to ForumDir!

By registering with us, you'll be able to promote your website, engage with other community members, and access exclusive tools to boost your site’s visibility.

Register

How long have you been managing communities?

Cedric

Administration
Managing a community can be such a rewarding experience, right? Some of us have been in the game for a long time, and I'm no exception. My journey began back in 2003 when I was just a kid, totally immersed in trading card games. That’s when I stumbled upon InvisionFree, and from there, I found my way to ZetaBoards.

Fast forward to 2011, and I bought my very first Invision Power Board license—a license I still proudly hold today! In 2015, XenForo caught my attention, and I’ve been with them ever since. Each platform brought its own set of challenges and triumphs, and looking back, it’s amazing to see how far the community management space has evolved.

So, how long have you been at it? Maybe you’re just starting out, or perhaps you’ve been managing communities for years, with countless stories and experiences to share. Whatever your journey looks like, it’s always fascinating to hear how people found their way into this space and what’s kept them motivated along the way.

Has it been a smooth ride for you, or have there been a few bumps? What are some of the most memorable moments from your journey? Let’s chat about the highs, the challenges, and everything in between. I’d love to hear your experiences—drop them below!

I started managing forums since 2004, but only two that were successes in the past (during the time I use ZetaBoards).

When I first closed my current forum in 2019, I thought I was done with foruming completely, until I found the confidence to get back into it again after such a long time.

I started managing forums since 2004, but only two that were successes in the past (during the time I use ZetaBoards).

When I first closed my current forum in 2019, I thought I was done with foruming completely, until I found the confidence to get back into it again after such a long time.
I'm curious - after being away for five years, how do you feel about the current state of forums compared to back then? Have you noticed any significant changes in user engagement or community dynamics? Do you think forums still hold the same value in online communities, or have other platforms taken their place? I'd love to hear your thoughts on how forums have evolved and what you think the future holds for them.

Back